The internal medicine and stroke specialist are also accepting referrals for all stroke-related cases whether they are for assessment/management or for stroke prevention and modifying their risk factors.
We accept new referrals for general neurology and musculoskeletal diseases with the ability to do Electromyogram ( EMG ) when needed to help in diagnoses and management.
What may cause a Stroke?
• High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
• High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
• Heart Disease –AtrialFibrillation
• Irregular and fast heart-beat
• Chest discomfort, chest pain or pressure
• Shortness of breath, particularly with exertion or anxiety
• Dizziness, sweating or nausea
• Light-headedness or fainting
Risks of Atrial fibrillation
• High blood pressure
• Underlying heart disease
What can you do to reduce your risks?
• Be smoke-free
• Increase your physical activity
• Control blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar
• Take the prescribed medicines
• Eat healthy
• Aim for healthy weight
• Limit alcohol intake
• Stay stress-free
Come to Kennedale Medical Centre for stroke prevention and medical risk modifications.